IO1 represented the Grosvenor Group’s first investment into the UK industrial / warehouse sector.
The vehicle followed an opportunistic investment strategy, enjoying substantial cash-on cash returns whilst generating significant capital returns via a strategy of individual unit sales to owner occupiers.
A total of 20 units were sold at a net margin of 38%, while the institutional-grade ‘Lion Portfolio’ was aggregated at the same time and ultimately sold for a substantial premium to a global institutional investor.
- UK Multi-let Industrial programme established in Joint Venture with Grosvenor in 2012
- Comprised 12 properties totalling c.£40m
- Opportunistic strategy targeting good quality secondary assets with high running yields, in recovering market following Global Financial Crisis
- Further value driven by opportunistic unit sales to owner occupiers at premium to book cost
- Final assets sold in December 2015